Senior Backend Engineer
GoodNotes was created from our founder's frustration of taking readable and reusable notes on his first iPad. We have since grown to millions of happy users and have been featured on Apple's marketing materials. Our engineering team members are all full stack, Pi-shaped, and most importantly product minded.
Our Core Values:
- Users come first
- Build better product, not just different
- Do less but get more done
- Always be learning
We are looking for a backend engineer to lead our team in designing and building our offline-first backend infrastructure from scratch. You will play an impactful role of enabling new features and business model for GoodNotes.
- Excellent problem solving and story telling skills
- A love of software craftsmanship
- A strong desire of self improvement through side projects and sharing
- Good taste as a maker
- Built projects you are proud of
- Strong sense on the best tools for any task
- Led web product development from inception to million of users
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Experience building reliable and safe distributed system
- Experience with Operational Transformation and Conflict-Free Replicated Data Types
- Experience working with mobile clients
We offer competitive compensation and meaningful equity along with a chance to make significant contribution to a product people already love. We enjoy doing fun activities together as a team as well: weekly game night and annual off-site trip!