Senior Algorithm Researcher
GoodNotes was created from our founder's frustration of taking readable and reusable notes on his first iPad. We have since grown to millions of happy users and have been featured on Apple's marketing materials. Our engineering team members are all full stack, Pi-shaped, and most importantly product minded.
Our Core Values:
- Users come first
- Build better product, not just different
- Do less but get more done
- Always be learning
We are looking for a senior algorithm researcher with production experience to create a magical note-taking experience for our users. You would be creating the 'smarts' in GoodNotes. Short term challenges include researching and inventing new digital ink and shape detection algorithms.
- Advanced degree or equivalent professional experience in Applied Mathematics (mathematical optimization, operation research, or machine learning)
- Experience in computational geometry algorithms
- Analytical and methodological on evaluating different algorithms based on performance and complexity
- Excellent problem solving and story telling skills
- A strong desire of self improvement through side projects and sharing
- Good taste as a maker
- Built projects you are proud of
- A big plus if your research work has been deployed to production software or has been granted patents.
We offer competitive compensation and meaningful equity along with a chance to make significant contribution to a product people already love. We take care of you and your loved ones with medical insurance and flexible working hours including two optional work-from-home days! One of our best company traditions is annual off-site to Apple's developer conference in San Francisco. Check out our pictures from team outings and more on careers.goodnotes.com
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!